Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Emma Mary





















Our Baby Girl was born on December 8, 2009 at 10:32pm. She weighed 8 lbs and 1oz. Matt and I went into the hospital the previous day at 10:00pm to be induced because she was getting too big. . :)




What an amazing experience it was to have her. Around 9:00pm I went from a 5 to a 10 and felt ready to push. We waited for our doctor (who, I might add, is AMAZING). Whe he walked in, he said, "scrub up, Matt". Matt was like, "are you serious?" I know that he was secretly hoping that the doctor would let him help deliver. . he constantly made jokes about it during my pregnancy. So, with a little help from a vac. .Emma was born with only a few pushes. Matt was bouncing off the walls and I couldn't believe it when they placed this beautiful baby on my belly. It took her only a second to find her lungs and then she cried for a moment and looked around. Matt and I kept talking to her and she would look around like she was listening. Matt followed her to be cleaned up and weighed. I could hear him talking to her, trying to welcome he into the world.








Next to marrying my sweet husband, this was the most spiritual experience of my life. Steph once told me that the labor and delivery was her favorite part of her pregnancy. At the time I thought, "you are crazy!" But now I must totally agree. Ilove being a mom. I love holding this precious baby girl and thinking that I get her for eternity. Matt is totally the doting Dad. He changed ALL of her dipers while we were in the hospital, and now will jump at the chance of burping her, changing her, or just holding her. This is what life is all about.








5 comments:

JesseandJessieZawalski said...

Oh my, she is seriously gorgeous! Good job. I am so happy for you and Matt!

Megan said...

She's beautiful! So glad I live close..I can visit her any time I want! Let's go to dinner again when she's a little bigger. :)

Nate said...

Ally, those pictures are beautiful. Really, you and Matt are lucky parents. I hope this blog post means you have the internet at your house now? I would love it if you would post as much as I look. Love ya!

Unknown said...

Ummm. . .the above comment was from STeph. Not nate.

Don Pectol said...

Allyson & Matt,
Congratulations! I am so happy for you.
Allyson, Thanks for being such a super friend to our family. You will always have such a special place in our hearts.
Don & Robin Pectol family.


The Love of My Life

The Love of My Life