Sunday, March 21, 2010

Before and After. . .

Our little Em's loves to be snug-as-a-bug-in-a-rug when she goes to sleep. That means all of her chubby arms and legs MUST be swaddled tightly in her blanket, binky placed securely in her mouth (sometimes, she thinks its a game and likes to spit it out, kick her legs in excitement and wait for us to put it back in her mouth. She will even give us a giggle when we play a long).

Mind you, when we put her down, Matt and I make sure to do the best job we can to accommodate her wishes.

Arms in? Check.
Legs in? Check.
Binky in? Check, check.

Matt and I then give our little girl a kiss and tell her good night. HOWEVER somehow, just somehow things start to randomly pop out and Emma will yell (yes, YELL. not cry) for Matt and I to
"COME AND SEE WHAT HAPPENED!!!!"

(Look closely and you can see sheer delight in Emma's eyes. . yep, she totally thinks she's funny)


Before:



And After. .


Before. .

And After. . .

Before. .


AND. . .

AFTER. . Sweet dreams, our cute little bug. Yes, we will do anything for you.

5 comments:

JesseandJessieZawalski said...

That is totally hilarious. Jaycik was the same way. She is so funny. It's amazing how their little minds start working so early and they figure out just what to do to get our attention.

David and Rachel said...

Oh she is just so gosh darn cute! I can't wait to see her and for my kids to see her because I know that they will just love her to pieces! I am so glad that you guys are coming and we are going to have such a good time together.

Heather said...

Oh Emma bug, you just keep your mom and dad on their toes! They are here to serve YOU!

Whitney said...

hey- you don't know me but we used to be neighbors with Matt. He just gave my husband your blog address so I had to come check out your little cutie! she's adorable! Our little girl was ALOT like that too(everything had to be tucked in tight, if an arm or anything got free, it was bad news.) so funny! Belated congrats on Emma

Dusty said...

Oh she is just so beautiful, adorable, yummy and the list could go on and on. She is perfect. I think she is looking so much like both of you. When she was first born I though oh she looks just like Matt but now I see you both. This is such a cute and clever post. I love when their personalities start to shine through. We enjoyed seeing Matt a couple of times this week but hope to get to see you too Ally. Hope your mouth gets well soon.


The Love of My Life

The Love of My Life