Friday, April 24, 2009

The First to Know. . . .


A couple of weeks ago, Matt and I went to the blessing of our nephew, Adam. When we walked into the chapel my sweet 3-year old niece, Maille, found us and immediately came and sat on my lap. She turned around and lifted up the sweater I was wearing (don't worry, I was wearing a shirt underneath) and looked at my belly. She said, "You going to have a baby?" I shook my head, "no." She then turned around and continued her babbling trying to get the attention of her cousins a few pews ahead of us.
During the sacrament, as we were being very reverent, she turned around and whispered into my ear, "you going to have a baby?" Again, I shook my head, "no, not yet." Several minutes later, Mai informed me that she,"really needed to go to the potty." So I grabbed her little hand and we walked to the bathroom. As she was sitting, swinging her legs and merrily doing her business, she piped up, "so, what do you think it is?" I paused and thought, "man, this kid keeps going on this. . " then I said, "well, I don't know. What do you think?" She immediately replied, "It's a boy."
Now, I'm thinking that this is really strange. . I don't know quite what to think of it. Finally, when sacrament was over and we were getting ready to go to our next classes, Maille gave me a hug and then looked at me and said, "you going to have a baby?" I smiled and said, "Mai, I'm not going to have a baby, but I will soon. Ok?" She smiled and said, "ok."
Well, who am I to questions a 3-year old? We are having a baby. We found out a couple of weeks ago. I am super excited and Matt is so excited that he can hardly stand it. It's so funny and sweet that the first person to know was a bubbly little 3-year old girl who is very intuitive. Maybe it will even be a boy. Yea baby Tefteller!!!!

3 comments:

Nate said...

Wow, ultrasound is getting really good. That is a great picture of your baby!!!


Congrats again!

Heather said...

I agree with Nate...beautiful baby!! Unbelievable really...
So have I told you lately how EXCITED I am for you guys!! Yeah for baby Tefteller!! Love you both!

Mary said...

Beautiful story, Allyson! Children are very close to heaven and it's wise to pay close attention to what they have to say as you have just discovered. So glad...so very thrilled that we have #15 waiting in the "wings" of heaven to join your family and ours! Quite a journey ahead of you. Congratulations to both of you!!


The Love of My Life

The Love of My Life